Friday, September 24, 2010

Nam-mom

My grandmother was taken to the hospital a couple of days ago. She was not conscious and she had a seizure. My whole family started to gather to say their goodbyes because no one thought she could pull through. Somehow she did pull through. She made it but I don't know how much longer she has. The sad part is that she has dementia. When she went to the hospital the other day, she could not remember who she was or anyone else. It is getting worse for her and I hope when she does leave this world, she does not go scared and alone in her mind.

I was driving Allyson home from school yesterday when she asked me who it was that was sick that I went to visit. I told her my nammom. She thought about it for a minute and then asked "Is she ready to die now?" I told her I did not think so. I realized that my 4 year old has it all figured out. My nammom wont leave until she is good and ready. She is a strong woman and she loves her family. When she is done she will be ready and she will leave peacefully. Even if she does not know the people in the room with her, I am sure that she will feel the love and remember that someone out there will miss her and love her forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment