Monday, August 1, 2011

Beach fun!


It is amazing how fast children grow up and change. It is the most important thing to take time out of your busy lives and enjoy them. My children are now 5 and 8. We went to the beach this past week as part of our very busy summer of camping, visiting family, going to the river, riding rides at amusement parks, and all while working hard not to let them lose all the knowledge they gained in school last year. We stayed a an amazingly large beach house with my mother and father-in-laws, 5 of my sister-in-laws, 2 of my brother-in-laws, my nephew, and my baby niece. It was a full house with a lot of excitement and fun. The best part was getting to sit on the sand and spend hours watching my children enjoy their aunts, uncles, and cousins and all the fun that the water and sand have to offer. We played ball, floated on the water, built sand castles, and laid on the sand relaxing. The kids enjoyed a dauphin cruise and we had a delicious crab feast! We spend a day on the board walk, buying cages for the hermit crabs their grandmother bought them, eating yummy boardwalk foods, and riding rides at funland. The vacation was a HUGE success. It was not very long but it was long enough to really appreciate what a wonderful family we have and what beautiful smiles my children have. I look forward to the next family beach vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment